Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hungarian Pastry Shop



This was such a magical and mysterious day. I love when I can take time with things, let them unfold, the day choreographed by symbols and signs. A stroll across Central Park to the Frick in the morning led back across town to the Roerich Museum in the afternoon. As I left the museum in awe, I remembered that the Cathedral of St. John the Divine was in the neighborhood. I hadn't been there in years, and followed my heart Uptown until I found it again.

Across the street from the cathedral I found the Hungarian Pastry Shop. A dimly lit old-world bakery,
I sat under a little lamp with a pastry, eavesdropping on accents from all over the world.

I once heard Geshe Sherab speak about enlightenment. He said awakening was like clicking on links on the internet. One "aha" moment connects to another, and "link, link, link," he said, until you find yourself in a new place of understanding, not even knowing how you got there.

No comments: