Saturday, November 26, 2011

The High Line






After turning the corner, I noticed above me what looked like a platform covered in tall grass and wildflowers. It seemed like it might be someone's private garden, but I saw people going up and down the stairs, so I followed. That's how I discovered The High Line. The High Line is a fabulous park, built on an old elevated freight rail line. It goes on for twenty-two city blocks.

Peace and quiet, a sense of time and wildflowers in one of the noisiest and fast-paced cities in the world.
I loved how this trip to New York was a combination of old favorites and places I had never been. Old memories danced with new discoveries, and gave rise to things I hadn't thought to think of.

Tomorrow's post will be the last for a little while. A great wave of Not Enough Time has overtaken my ability to paddle my blog fast enough. Holidays and other commitments, I wish there were an in between month, a month to get things done. W
e will wash back up on shore, though, my blog and I. I don't know when, but we will.

No comments: