Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cathedral of St. John the Divine






The Cathedral of St. John the Divine is incredible, a place where you can physically feel the sound of silence and your skin tingles with awe.

Someone asked me once if I thought signs and symbols showed up for me more than they might for others, or if I was just able to recognize them more easily. I absolutely believe that they are available to everyone, right here and now, that it is just a matter of recognition.

I don't care where a truth is revealed, whether from a fundamentalist Christian or in a strip club. It's something I feel, something between a flash and a shiver, and when I feel it, I take notice.


David Leffel mentioned during his painting demo, that "Everything is already there." He explained that as he learned how to paint, it wasn't that he was coming up with something new, but rather, discovering what had been there all along.

No comments: