Friday, December 26, 2008

Truffle


Dark chocolate truffle with lemon verbena. A truffle is simply a piece of chocolate with a soft center, but most customers think a truffle is supposed to look round. Another illusion broken.

My friend Dianne sent me this incredible video about Jill Bolte Taylor who brilliantly explains the roles of the left and right brain after experiencing it firsthand when she had a stroke. What she says reminds me of the flow that I feel when I'm really into a drawing. In that flow it's as if there's no separation between myself and the object. And after I draw something I feel a connection with that object that I hadn't before. According to the right brain's perspective, it's because we are each other. Sounds crazy? Watch this video and it will make sense. It's 19 minutes long but well worth the time. Just grab a cup of tea and a truffle and enjoy!

No comments: