Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mendiant


The mendiant is dark chocolate with caramelized almond, hazelnut, pistachio, and candied orange peel. It begins a new short series called "Confection, and a contemplation".

I'm enjoying working at the store again, and the break from academia, but integrating daily drawing with a full time work schedule has been hard. By the time I get home it's too dark and I'm too exhausted to conjure up the sensitivity needed for a good drawing. In the morning I have that frenzied must-get-to-work energy which makes it hard to get into a creative flow. My school schedule allowed an hour in the afternoon where drawing could fit snuggly in.

These findings have set the wheels of fear in motion. How will drawing ever survive when I'm a full time occupational therapist? This week's fantasy is to be an OT from 8-noon, and an artist from 1-6. Is that possible? How do artists do it anyway? The ones who don't give up but still get to eat, I mean.

No comments: