Monday, April 9, 2012

Weddings




There's a crossing of roads near where I grew up known as "The Triangle." One of the roads that forms the Triangle leads to Kingsland Bay, and if it's summer, that road leads to weddings. It was like that, visiting Vermont on this particular trip, a marriage of memories and moving on.

Vermont was my port in between things during my summer on the road. I was there before Maine, after New York, and before heading out West again.
I knew once my schedule was determined by a bucket, it would be hard to find time to have a sense of time, and I wanted to fully feel that feeling. I came to Vermont because I wanted to be with family, not just to catch up, but to have time to run out of things to say and just be. I wanted to sit by the lake, in the grass, on the front porch with lemonade, to the sound of silence and nature that raised me.

And for that, the gem on this journey that Vermont represented, was a diamond.

No comments: