Sunday, April 15, 2012

Vermont Sketches






I remember this very day. A hot, hazy, lazy, summer day, sketching in various places. It's a good day when you can slow down enough to sketch your own hand.

At thirty, another time when things fell apart, I came home. It looked like a failure, to come home at thirty, but that is when I fell in love with Vermont. That is when I saw it. Black-eyed Susans, blueberries, moss on rocks and silvery light, cider doughnuts, snow geese, fiery leaves in orange, red, and gold.

For the first time since I was a teenager who felt trapped and couldn't wait to get away, I saw it for what it was, not for what it wasn't. Falling apart brought reconciliation.

1 comment:

Tara C said...

you are wise
tara
i really like seeing the drawings in one color, it reminds me of "red work" with embroidery.
tara