Friday, April 6, 2012

Dream


When I was a kid, I can't remember what age, I had the coolest red bike that I thought looked quite a bit like a motorcycle. One of my favorite things to do was sit on that bike, behind our yellow volkswagen with the blue hood, and pretend I was on a motorcycle stuck in traffic.

This was pretty exciting for a kid who grew up in a town with no traffic lights. I would sit there on my motorcycle and have animated conversations with all the other people stuck in the cars that surrounded me. All the while alone, on a bicycle, behind a single car, on a dirt driveway surrounded by fields.

I probably got the stuck in traffic part from seeing California highways on CHiPs, and the friendliness of cities from watching Sesame Street. I love how our personal worlds are a collage of what we've been exposed to, combined with how we perceive it.
That doesn't change as we grow older, we just add more pieces and perceptions to the collage.

Since then, I've found myself stuck in traffic many times over, in cities both large and small. So, dreams do come true. S
orta.

1 comment:

Tara C said...

i love this photo and its true about not always wanting what you wish for.
tara