Sunday, August 16, 2009

Return


I set up the last two weeks of my blog to post automatically while I was gone. Instead of having just returned from Philadelphia, I actually just returned from Vermont. It feels strange to be posting anew again, like my blog was an old dream. And it feels strange too to look at these past posts because even though the drawing class in Philly wasn't even two months ago, it too feels like a dream. I'm glad I have these images to tell me otherwise.

Time is so very odd, moving at speeds that seem so out whack with my ability to comprehend them. I only did three drawings while in Vermont, and this is the only one I liked. It's of a plaster cast coated in wax. I forgot to write down more info, but I know it was Italian, and done in the 1800's. I drew it during a heavy rain in the tiny but lovely art museum at Middlebury College.

No comments: