Monday, August 3, 2009

New York



Back to New York, where I forgot to charge the batteries in the camera before setting out. I did manage to capture my cupcake from the Magnolia Bakery, and the corner of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. My day at the Met was my favorite day of all. I spent the whole time sketching, stopping for lunch at the cafe in the new American wing, then sketching some more. It was one of those days where the weather is perfect, and it seems that the whole world had choreographed the day just for you.

After sketching, I took the subway down to Little Italy, where I had a magnificent meal at an outdoor table at Il Palazzo, and a cannoli at Ferrara. I spent the rest of the evening ambling back to the hotel, zig zagging through all my favorite neighborhoods.

At the Met gift shop I bought a great book called New York's 50 best places to find peace and quiet. I read it on the plane back to New Mexico and wanted to turn right back around. There are so many hidden gems in the book that I never knew about. A few places I was even at, but didn't realize there were hidden courtyards through a certain door or gate. I will definitely be bringing this book on my next trip to NYC, and look forward to visiting to the newly discovered Isamu Noguchi museum.

No comments: