Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lemon tart


Lately I've been questioning whether daily drawing is something I can keep realistically doing at this time. I say this because I've noticed that I'm starting to live the type of life I've never wanted, the all American-extremely-stressed-out-"dream". And in two weeks I'm also taking on another job. When I look at what I have to get done, and what can give, the only conclusion is the drawing or my sanity. I have to get through school and I have to work. I get so sad to think that it's art, once again, that has to go. 

So, I'm juggling my options. I think this is a terrible drawing and even though it was only a five minute sketch I couldn't concentrate. I hate showing drawings that aren't good because that's all I had time for. Maybe once a week drawings? I know the every day practice has been so beneficial and I just hate the thought of letting it go. I see so many images in my mind that I have no time to access. I get frustrated seeing art that is not very good in galleries marked at high prices. I think I could do the daily thing again in the summer, and would like to try oil painting then too. Or maybe I can keep doing it in general and am just having a bad day. I really don't know.

No comments: