Thursday, February 12, 2009

Delicious


I learned something important about color when I was looking at my art books over the holiday break. Remember when I was struggling to draw the tea cup and I couldn't figure out how to make things lighter without adding white, or darker without adding black? It turns out that if you pay attention to the color wheel, and then your apple, when red gets lighter it turns yellow, when it gets darker it turns violet.

The funny thing about this is that I'm sure I've been told that in any art class I've ever taken. But I must have thought it was too boring and scientific and started daydreaming at the time. There are a few things in life where I think "Why didn't anyone tell me about that when I was younger?" (like compound interest). More and more I realize they probably did. Over and over.

No comments: