Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Soap on sandpaper


I had to do a big presentation at school today and I'm just exhausted right now. I was going to do a quick drawing of a bar of soap, but then I couldn't find my pad of newsprint, even though I used it yesterday! I got so frustrated that I drew on a piece of sandpaper that was sitting right there. It was a fairly realistic drawing but I wanted to shake the extra pastel off before putting it on the scanner. When I shook the sandpaper the whole drawing fell off! Well, I learned what happens when you draw on sandpaper. I actually like the effect though. And there on the scanner I found my newsprint pad.

My presentation today was about yoga for people who have paraplegia. It was inspired by Matthew Sanford's amazing story. The exhaustion was worth it.

No comments: