Monday, February 16, 2009

Sweethearts


Louie and I had such a great Valentine's Day in Taos. A few candy hearts remain. It was so good to get away, even if only for a night. I discovered the art work of Beth Haidle, both at Cafe Loka and the Paper Cloud next door. I just love her hand lettering and illustrations. I bought a 'zine called Land of Entrapment filled with stories of those who've found themselves living in New Mexico unexpectedly, as many of us have.

Her work reminded me of the way I used to love doing detailed drawings in black pen. There is so much I want to return to, and so much to still discover. Trips to Taos always have a mystical effect on me. My mind and spirit expand with so many ideas, colors, and textures, while my body pleads for more five minute drawings so it can keep with all the demands.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love the remnants of Valentine's day! And thanks for the link to Beth Haidle. Her stuff is very, very cool!