Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sculpture and Light




The art collection at Chelwood is amazing. I fell in love with the sculpture at the top, of the woman and deer next to an orchid, and the way the light danced through the room.

Love is a loaded word. I use it freely on my blog because it is my own, and I truly do love so many things. I Iove them differently and for different reasons, though the flowing, welling feeling of love is the same.

I know the Japanese have many words for beauty, and I've heard that Eskimos too have many words for ice and snow.
In "Balancing Heaven and Earth," Robert Johnson says he is only half joking when he notes that India has ninety-six words for love but none for nuts and bolts (they have imported our Western terms for these practical things), while we have ninety-six words for nuts and bolts but only one for love.

No comments: