Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rob Liberace


After the painting workshop ended, I stayed on for a weekend workshop with Rob Liberace on drawing and anatomy. Here, Rob is doing a drawing demo, overlaying muscles on an arm.

I draw about as much as it rains in New Mexico these days, which is pretty much not at all. The posts about last summer's trip will be running for a while here. I didn't have any time to write then, while I was living it. I write the posts on precious weekends while I try to survive working 50+ hours a week as an entry level occupational therapist in a rehab hospital.

I miss making things. These days, life drawing sessions begin when I have to go to bed. I don't think my schedule will change much in the next six months, but I'm hoping maybe my endurance will. I hope by the time last summer's story is told, there will be a little more space for art making again.

It's September now, it wasn't raining it August when I wrote this, but rain has brought relief in the last few weeks. With each day that passes, drawing draws closer. Here, thinking of there, waiting for then.

No comments: