Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter candy


I asked Louie to stop by Todos Santos yesterday to buy me some Easter candy, but when he got there only a few sugared eggs remained. Hayward said he'd sold out of everything and it was the best Easter season he'd ever had.

I have an acquaintance who sells high end Japanese incense. He said business is better than ever because people are doing more rituals these days. When I bought the Green Tara in Boulder I was chatting with the owner of The Old Tibet Shop about business and he said it was booming. "In times like these everyone turns to God!" he exclaimed. Funny how these stories never make the news. Only the job losses and related doom. I would love to do a documentary that follows the flow of money. I heard that seed companies are also doing very well too, as more people are planning to grow their own food this year.

No comments: