Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Boulder






My journey to Japan conveniently lasted right up through my neuroanatomy exam yesterday. I haven't drawn since the day before I left and I've been so busy I can't imagine how I was drawing every day. I'm giving myself one transition day, today, and tomorrow I have to figure out how to fit drawing back in.

My other self, the heavier more expensive one, actually went to Colorado to do a training to learn how to teach yoga in chairs to people who have physical limitations. It was a great training that took place in the rocky mountains. The best part was that when I was driving back home I got caught in a blizzard. It was terrifying to drive down the mountains in the heavy snow and I got as far as Boulder where I found a hotel room at 10 am. That's where the best part happened. With no lap top, no homework, and unable to follow my schedule for two days, I was forced to just simply be.

The above shows a glimpse of my trip as shown through beverages. A beignet and the spicy black house tea at Lucile's, a popular Creole restaurant. A cup of oolong tea from The Dushanbe Tea House while sitting on the side of Boulder creek (in short sleeves, a week before the blizzard). Hot chocolate from my favorite restaurant, The Kitchen. A post blizzard photo, 16 inches! And finally, a quote I loved in the window of a contemporary furniture shop. There's a lot of great detail in that photo. I noticed that on the left hand side you can see me taking the picture, and my arm overlays a photo of the hand of one of the designers on the wall inside. I love when things like that happen.

No comments: