Monday, May 13, 2013

Forty-Eight























Yesterday I felt so agitated about the uncertainties of life but I knew I had to do a drawing nonetheless. I decided to draw the divine mother in honor of Mother's Day, and turned to a photo of la Virgen de la Soledad from Oaxaca. I was frustrated with the way it looked after scanning so I decided to take a photo. I liked the juxtaposition of the mundane clipboard and masking tape with a holy image, and the shadow of the vine at the bottom.

Then what caught my eye was the crack in the sidewalk. It brought to mind the question I asked when I started the project of drawing 100 heads. Can watering the seeds of what you love crack the concrete? It felt like a good sign on a day of agitation with all the unknowns.

2 comments:

Tara C said...

Hi Anne,
of course i think your art is amazing but i wanted to comment on how you inspire me by the way you are able to feel frustrated or really any emotion, and channel that into art and story. you inspire me.
tara

Anne Woods said...

Thank you so much Tara! I always love find your comments here.

Anne