Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fifty-Two























I like how this gesture shows both movement and stillness at once. It snowed 8 inches when I was in Boulder and I loved it. I stayed a few blocks off Pearl Street and didn't have to drive for 4 days. I walked everywhere, along the river path, to Dushanbe Tea house and to the Boulder Bookstore where I found a great book by Jen Sincero called "You are a Badass. How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life."

She points out that when someone asks you how you are, "Good, but busy!" seems to be the new "Fine, thanks." She also writes about the importance of taking care of your body because, "During our little sojourn here on earth, we need our bodies more than they need us...we, if you're anything like me, run around doing all our busy work with our poor bodies flapping behind us like old wind socks."

No comments: