Sunday, October 16, 2011

Angel in Central Park


Once, when I was 26 and in a terrible depression, I went to bed and said, "God if you exist, send me a sign." Believing in God wasn't part of my background, but I was willing to try anything.

I had a dream that night. It was one of those dreams that looks and feels exactly like your regular life, only different things happen. I was laying in my bed, as though I hadn't fallen asleep at all, when I heard an object drop into the cassette tapes that lay in a pile on the floor, near the end of my bed. A distinct "cachink" sound of wood and metal hitting plastic. I got up to look, and found that a small wooden ornament of an angel had fallen into the tapes.

I picked it up, and as I held it in my hand, confused and in awe, waves of vibrating, shimmering light flooded the room. A voice, radiant from above and all around me, called out, "Please understand that this is the best I can do to show you, please understand that I cannot come down to you in physical form. Please, please, please, know that I am real..."

No comments: