Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Yoga mat


It's spring break and I'm leaving tomorrow for Colorado. I'm doing a training in teaching yoga to senior citizens and people with disabilities. I'm going a day early to spend some time in Boulder and have tea at the Dushanbe tea house. As soon as I return I start training for a new job. I'm genuinely excited about all this, but there's also another part of me. Life feels so rife with practicality lately.

That other part of me had planned to go to Japan for spring break. I've always longed to see the cherry blossoms. I would be a little early for cherry blossoms if I went now, but plum blossoms would be fine too. I've always had a rebellious nature that is hard to quell. So what if it's not practical? What if, despite the demands of all this responsibility, I went anyway? What if I just......went? Our story begins......

No comments: