Monday, January 19, 2009

Amma doll


I start school again tomorrow and I've been filled with tremendous waves of sadness and anxiety all day. Part of it is due to school itself, and part is due to the fact that I know school, and life in general, would be more manageable if I weren't trying to draw every day. I could stop, put all my focus in one direction, but the same old question arises, then "When?" It will be years before I have a reasonable amount of time to make art, and I've already done so much waiting.

It is for this reason that I've drawn my Amma doll. Amma is a living saint from India. She does incredible humanitarian work and is well known for hugging everyone who makes the pilgrimmage to see her. To date she has hugged 26 million people, and sleeps only an hour or two a night. My trying to "do it all" seems miniscule in comparison.

No comments: