Thursday, June 21, 2012

Home to Malcontents






People tell me I was brave for doing this trip alone. I think of it more as just doing what had to be done. What else can you do when you're here and want to get there? From walking the long dirt road to taking the bus from Old Gold, I learned early on that if you don't find a way, you don't get to go.  


I look at the pictures of me now heading West then and I think, Turn around! That drive and internship and job are going to be harder than you think! Stop here and marry a cowboy! Work at the bakery! All those ideas that sound good when you're not really in them. An image without the weight of gravity and bones and bills. What do you do when you find yourself in a Wild West Show unsure and alone? You have to keep going. What would giving up look like? What do you do when you don't really know?

No comments: