Friday, June 29, 2012

Ojai, California






The long and speedy drive through California led to beautiful, beloved Ojai. Two hours from my final destination in Los Angeles, it was the last stop I wanted to make. One of my favorite artists, Beatrice Wood, lived there and I wanted to be where she had been. 

I arrived just in time to be welcomed by wine and cheese hour at the Lavender Inn. Ojai is an oasis. It became my carrot-on-a-stick during a difficult internship. If you can make it halfway you can go to Ojai, if you can make it all the way you can go to Ojai. It feels like New England and Europe and Mexico all at once. I fell in love with the yoga studio there, Lulu Bandhas, and the Farmer and the Cook, where the smoothies are picked right from the trees. Flowers and fruit and sun and herbs, there's not a whole lot to do there and that's why it is perfect. 

No comments: