Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pink House




One of the great discoveries that made this trip possible, and even more fabulous than expected, was airbnb.com. I found it just before my trip began. You can rent a couch, a room, a studio, or an entire house. If you have an extended stay you can often get a discount. I loved being able to stay in neighborhoods I never would have known about. I felt like a local and didn't have to suffer continental breakfasts at hotels across the country.

I stayed at the "Pink House" in West Philadelphia, and rode the trolley to the Studio. The last picture was taken during my daily commute, the one above it is Milk & Honey, where I bought groceries, down the street from the Pink House and across from the trolley stop.

1 comment:

Tara C said...

i love pink house. when i was in college in Ann Arbor there was a famous purple house. i think it was a house for engineering students but I'm not 100% sure. i just know it was in their by laws that the house would always be purple.
Tara