Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Snake medicine






Last night I was walking along the trail behind my house, sort of saying goodbye. There were rabbits and roadrunners, the sun was setting and rosemary filled the air. I decided that the two things I would miss the most about the house are the luxurious bathtub and the huge windows with the beautiful view.

I was feeling a little gun shy about walking on trails and found myself saying "Aagh, I really hope I don't see a snake again". But I instantly remembered my lesson. I quickly visualized my world the way I wished it could be, filled with light and freedom, happiness and riches. Then a piece of trash on the trail caught my eye.

When I looked at it this is what I first read, "The sky's the limit". I turned it over to see the most beautiful bathroom, flooded with light. A bathroom designed in Asian style, more lovely than I'd thought to dream of, with a luxurious tub and a beautiful view. Yes, this page from a magazine lay alone on the side of an otherwise very clean trail!

I walked back home overflowing with gratitude and faith. I'm excited about the new apartment, it's close to everything I do, I'll be able to walk to school, it has great landscaping including a rosemary bush just outside the window. "I just pray that I'll feel safe there", I said as I walked to get the mail.

I looked inside the box to see a lone piece of junk mail. "Blah", I thought. But when I pulled it out this is what I read, "Guarantee your home is protected".

All this is true, not a fantasy like my spring break in Japan adventure. Today's daily art work is using the photoshop brush to highlight certain points. I thought of trying to paint the photo of the bathroom, but there was no way I could convey how much light was flooding the room. I just had to show the real thing.

No comments: