Monday, May 11, 2009

Houses


I'm away from my art supplies and scanner, so I'm posting another oldie that's stored on my computer. This one caught my eye. My friend Sarah and I used to love to draw the houses we planned to have when we were grown ups. Even though I wanted a classic Vermont house, I always added a pool.

This subject caught my eye because I'm moving at the end of the month. I've had a strange relationship with housing. My first apartment was robbed four times, the first place where I lived alone burned down and almost took me with it, and my first house is being lost due to the downturn in the economy. It looks like the people in this drawing are doing yoga, which is strange because I'm sure I didn't know about yoga that long ago. It reminds me that you never know how seemingly disconnected events are working in your life. It reminds me that home is where you are. I think my strange relationship with housing has served to teach me that.

No comments: