Sunday, October 19, 2008

Kuri


Like I said before, it's chestnut season! While I'm making a collage I never think about the borders. I move shapes, textures, and colors around until they catch the mood of something I'm trying to express. I then move a viewfinder over the area until I feel the composition clicks and feels just right. Finally, I mark it off and cut it out with a straight edge. In the case of these postcards the viewfinder I used was a sheet of paper with a 4x6 rectangle cut out of the middle.

Buying calendars in February for 70% off is a huge boon to the ephemera collection, as are library book sales. I love to brush paint over different textures then cut those pieces up, glue them in different ways, paint them again. I think this takes the piece deeper than the usual magazine collage.

No comments: