Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Three windows


This is a view of my neighbor's rooftop through the high windows in the living room. When I'm lying down on the living room floor, the windows frame the sky. One of my favorite things to do is lie there and watch the clouds pass by. It's a treat when a plane suddenly but slowly crosses through the frame.

This is the final piece in the "Things I will miss about the house" series. There are other things I will miss, but it's hard to draw "quiet and safe" and I don't feel like drawing the stove or toilets. I've been enjoying this new drawing on top of the painting discovery. And I never thought I'd enjoy perspective drawings. That's something that I used to loathe when I was younger, but have found strangely soothing this time around.

No comments: