Saturday, November 22, 2008

108


Last week I reached my 100th post. I meant to mention it, but forgot. Now I'm at 108, which is a sacred number. And the last time I did one hundred drawings I was probably eight.

Doing a quick scan of my room for something sacred to draw, my eye settled on the foot of the carved wooden dancing yogini I found at a yard sale. The one the "Bali bird" was drawn from. Feet are considered to hold the greatest amount of spiritual energy in India. When you honor a spiritual teacher you "bow to their lotus feet". I learned that the same is true in Mexico when I met a curandera that read feet like palms. She said the greatest amount of energy is concentrated there because the energy of the palms is dissapated through touching things and shaking hands.

1 comment:

vtislands said...

Love this, Anne.

It made the bottom of my feet tingle to look at it!

Steph