Saturday, September 18, 2010

Iron flight




My friend Lauren and I were talking about blogging. I sometimes (often) question why I'm doing this. I'd rather be sitting on the porch with a glass of lemonade, or reading something someone else has written. I told her that for me the greatest benefit was the discipline. It forces me to put words and pictures on a page, instead of thinking that one day I will do so, just not now.

And I like that it's like a journal, but without as much whining. I can see an image or a thought from my life, and not have to read the "I'm tired and I really don't feel like doing this" sentences that creep in when I'm writing only to myself.

It pins you down to allow you to take flight. Balancing heaven and earth.

1 comment:

A Woman Scorned said...

I stumbled on your blog today. It's beautiful, clear and uplifting. I like this post particularly, I blog too, but I can't say mine is without whining, in fact I think it is mostly whining. I think I may come and visit again if only to visit someone who saves her whining for the pages of her personal journal.
Thank you for letting me wander in your garden of beauty, made entirely of words and the odd picture. :-)