Sunday, November 9, 2014

Ten























I spent this morning scrolling through my blog with the intention of collecting some of my favorite images in order to start an artist's Facebook page. I ended up in tears of awe. I made a pot of oolong tea and read for hours and all I could think was Wow. WOW. I have come a long way and have had an amazing life. What a gift to be able to look back at your life this way.

What a gift this blog has been. From the times where I could make art daily to the times where I couldn't -yet could still hear it in the distance, calling me back.

This is a sketch from the last day of the Taos workshop. I could feel myself struggling between getting caught up in rendering, which was familiar, and the new things I'd learned about mass, light, and shadow. With only 15 minutes Ieft I pushed the light and shadow with colors I normally would have thought to be over exaggerated, and that's what brought it back to life.

No comments: