Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Twelve























I recently returned from an oil painting workshop in Taos with Sherrie McGraw and David Leffel. I gave myself the gift of this workshop in honor of completing my year long yoga therapy program and becoming a Certified Yoga Therapist. It's my hope that with 150 case studies done drawing and painting can return again.

Sherrie and David turned everything I've ever learned in the past about painting and drawing on its head. It was so amazing to spend a full week painting from morning to night and be surrounded by others who were passionate about doing the same thing.  The lighting for this photo is not good but I decided to post it anyway rather than wait for a time where I could get a better photo, which may well be never. This is the 7th portrait in oils I've ever done. I returned home to clear all the stored clutter from my art studio and rearranged the room entirely in order to catch North light on the easel.

2 comments:

Tara C said...

great job, and I'm proud of you for finishing your certification program. WELL DONE!! I hope you don't mind but I volunteered you to speak at my quilting group next year about yoga therapy. we can talk details later but it would be a good crowd to educate about what you do.
I'm so glad you are finding time for art again. Does the smell of oil paint bother you? what is your favorite medium to create in?
Tara

Anne Woods said...

That is great Tara, thank you!! I would love to do that. It's funny too because I've been meaning to contact you about that very thing. I've been planning workshops for various groups such as artists, hikers, birders and I wanted to talk to you about the particular needs of quilters and knitters. It would be great to talk to the group.

Oil painting is so challenging but also amazing with its range of colors and textures. I seem to love all mediums I come across but oil painting is intriguing me the most these days.