Friday, March 29, 2013

Sixty-Nine























Study (after Tully Filmus). My natural tendency to be heavy handed, evoked by my Tully Filmus studies, brought back memories of my frustration with crayons when I was a kid. Crayons were too waxy, the color came out too light and when I would try bearing down to make them darker they would just snap in half. I could never understand how other kids weren't also frustrated by the lack of color saturation, how it didn't just annoy them.

I was blessed to have a very cool mother who introduced me to Cray-Pas. I couldn't have known at 5 years old that it would be the beginning of a life long love affair with Japanese design sensibility.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Deeply beautiful .soulful..gorgeous work! Such a wonderful blog..
Victoria